Progressive Business Solutions UAB (PBS) is a consulting company of Lithuanian capital established in 2006. From the day of the establishment the company’s main business has been the development of international cooperation. In cooperation with foreign partners, PBS is expanding export markets of Lithuanian manufacturing companies and acts as an intermediary in transferring production capacities to Lithuania.
- Cooperation with the Lithuanian Development Agency (LDA), later with Enterprise Lithuania and Invest Lithuania has been ongoing from the start of business. Cooperation in export development and attracting investments is taking place by formulating common positions of the Lithuanian business in international markets and using the existing PBS business relations within international corporations.
- Currently, the biggest foreign partners of PBS include such corporations as ABB, METSO, ANDRITZ, RAUTE, VDL, Nielsen & Nielsen, SIEMPELKAMP, KONECRANES, INDRA etc. The total annual turnover of all foreign partners of PBS exceeds 55 billion euro and represents almost 10% of total turnover generated by EU-27 NACE 29 (Machinery and equipment manufacturing) (621 billion euro, Eurostat).
- From the outset the company’s strategy has been aimed at the engineering industry as the main branch of manufacturing industry. From 2007 PBS has been an active member of LINPRA (engineering industry association). The Director of the company Tomas Jaskelevičius is a member of LINPRA presidium.
- Tomas Jaskelevičius has been actively working in the field of manufacturing base export growth of ARGINTA Group from 2007. During the last 5 years the export volumes of ARGINTA ENGINEERING UAB have increased by more than 20 times (2,000%).
- The total export volumes in the Baltic countries, in transactions involving PBS at the moment account for more than 50 million euro.
- The biggest partners of PBS in Lithuania are: ARGINTA ENGINEERING, ASTRA MACHINERY, IREMAS (Achema Group), Baltec CNC Technologies, Rokiškis Machine Factory, Jutrix etc.
- The observation of the activities of the Lithuanian engineering industry manufacturing companies disclosed the lack of process control. Therefore, in 2008 PBS became an official partner of the business management system MONITOR ERP (Sweden) in Lithuania. The joint owner of the company Giedrius Valuckas has been cooperating with the developers of this system as early as from 2003. Currently, the system is used by more than 50 Lithuanian enterprises. In 2009, the system licences were given as a present to Vilnius Gediminas Technical University (VGTU) where the system is currently used by students to simulate the activities of an enterprise. Giedrius Valuckas gives lectures at VGTU on an honorary basis thereby contributing to the expansion of the Lithuanian resources in the fields of managing/ leading the manufacturing processes.
- Eventually, the introduction of ERP has become process engineering of the manufacturing companies. Currently, PBS is seen by engineering and furniture industry companies as a team able to organise and visualise processes of an enterprise and while implementing MONITOR ERP to hand over process control of enterprises to their managers.
- The MONITOR ERP system in Sweden is used by over 2,000 manufacturing companies of different sizes, who indirectly already are potential business partners of PBS.
- In 2009, when the Finnish company Machinery OY withdrew from the Baltic countries, PBS took over the provision of sales and support services in Lithuania. At the moment PBS represents such companies as Bystronic, Hyundai WIA, CIDAN Machinery, BLM Group, etc.
- The expansion of the activities enabled PBS to guarantee the comprehensive provision of services for manufacturing companies:
- placing orders;
- helping to receive financing;
- organising manufacturing processes;
- introducing ERP;
- supplying the required equipment;
- servicing manufacturing machinery.